Proposal Review Criteria
The Foundation receives many more deserving requests than it can possibly fund. Funding priority will be given to those proposals that fit the Foundation's guidelines and demonstrate the most potential according to the following criteria:
- Evidence of sound design, appropriate budget, well-qualified staff, and a strong implementation plan.
- Clear articulation of plans for continued support of the project beyond the term of a Mt. Sinai Health Care Foundation grant, e.g., earned income, long-term philanthropic support (endowment), support from an organization's core budget, or other means, when applicable.
- Clear description of measurable outcomes and how they will be achieved.
- Potential opportunities for working with other organizations to address issues of common concern specific to the proposed project, when applicable.
- Potential for the Foundation's investment to leverage additional resources for support of the project, when applicable.
- Demonstration of solid fiscal and management practices and governing board oversight.
- Demonstrated board commitment, leadership, engagement, and financial support.